Thursday 4 October 2012

I don't want to start over, I don't want to pretend.

"I won't do what you told me, I won't do what you say, Am I going to stop feeling?"

The path that we set out on in the morning may not be the same one we find ourselves wandering down that same night we rest our heads on our pillows, this said when we wake up we could now have leapt onto something completely different and be starting a new journey.

The trick of this "path jumping" is to try your best to remember what you've learnt along the way. Heartbreak will be along this path, same as sadness, despair, tiredness, but also, happiness, love, friendship, laughter and so many other crazy emotions. As easy as it feels sometimes to give up, throw in the towel, bury yourself under your duvet for the rest of the year keep going.

 I don't want to start over, and I don't want to pretend. I want to have the journey for all that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment