Tuesday 22 May 2012

Big Beautiful Confidence or Craziness?

In sickness and in health


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Beautiful_Woman

I just watched Channel 4's documentary 'My Big Fat Fetish' with my mum, and I am still lost for words. At first I thought it was a positive programme displaying a positive message of feeling confident of your body regardless of its size. This I thought was a much welcomed change instead of the usual flicking the pages of a glossy magazine and being made to feel ugly if our jeans are anything over the average size twelve.
         Throughout the documentary, I witnessed women who relied on men to make them their money, to feed them, and to pay them the compliments they felt they needed. This simply showed me that no matter how many times they said,
"I love my fat, my fat is sexually exciting" that this couldn't actually be the case.
I could no longer believe in this self confidence they gave off  as I don't think this is something that they do honestly feel when they look at themselves. The men or "feeders" in their lives make them eat high calorie foods all day everyday encouraging them to gain more and more weight and by doing so this will eventually give them two choices suffering from immobility, living a life tucked up in bed having a carer to tend to their bedsores or death due to their ever growing size, which they view as a competition over the other women in this field of fat fetishism.
          I personally believe that no matter how you look on the outside if you feel good inside then that's all you can ever ask for, yet these women can't be happy on their journey to an extra large coffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment